Bring a Friend to your Joey, Cub, Scout, Venturer or Rover night and you can earn the Bring a Friend Badge.
You might even want to organise a Bring a Friend night and have several new members all attend on the same night.
Then you can make a fun night out of it and grow your Group as well.
How to earn:
- To be awarded to a youth member who brings a friend (not a current member) to at least 3 meetings/activities during which they (and their leaders) teach the friend a simple Scouting skill from that section and the friend learns something about the next section, which could simply be who they are, what they do etc
- The friend does not have to join Scouting for the youth member to earn the badge we rely on our program being exciting enough to encourage them to join
Placement on uniform
- The badge is to be placed on the bottom of the left sleeve, above the Link Badge(s)
- It should be removed when the youth member moves to the next section
What about additional friends?
- A youth member may earn additional badges, if they ‘bring more friends’
- But only one badge may be worn – additional badges can be used on blankets etc
Ordering and Cost
- Group Leaders should contact their appropriate Scout Service Centre (SSC) to order the badges
- The badge and postage are provided free of charge to the Group