I am asking for expressions of interest from people who may wish to serve on Caringal Camp Site Committee. Alan Wilson, the current Chairperson, is soon to be Region Commissioner and we are looking for new members for the committee.
Caringal is in Mt Baw Baw District and is widely used by our Region and others. It is a very popular Scout Camp-site used by both Scouts and public year round and has been built up to be able to provide good accommodation and activity bases. With this in mind, I would like to open up the Committee to those from Eastern Region that may wish to contribute to the running of the Campsite.
I have attached a 'Context of Role' for anyone interested.
Please get nominations back to me by 1st June 2012
Mt Baw Baw District
CONTEXT OF ROLE
The Caringal Campsite Committee (CCC) will work under the overall direction of the Mt Baw Baw District Scouts Association and will work closely with the District Commissioner. The Chairperson of the CCC will be a member of the District Association and provide regular reports to each meeting.
The Committee is charged with the responsibility to plan and facilitate the establishment, development, promotion, management and use of the Campsite for both Scouting and public use. It works closely with the District groups through the District Association.
The functions of the CCC are:
1. To plan for and facilitate the development, promotion, management and use of the Campsite through the development of to a five year strategic for the campsite;
2. To review and co-ordinate the implementation of a Business plan to achieve the identified Strategic Plan objectives
3. To make recommendations to the District Association on matters related to the provision and improvement of services and facilities at the Campsite;
4. Support the Managers with developing relief rosters to facilitate time out off the camp for Managers
5. Develop a maintenance schedule and facilitate regular working bees to ensure the campsite is maintained to a high standard
6. Develop strategies to engage non scouting support for the campsite through the “friends of Caringal”
7. To attract grant funding and other investment to facilitate improvements at the Campsite.
Caringal Campsite Committee
Committee Objectives and Visions
The Committee is required to prepare a Management Plan for the Campsite. This plan will identify the strategic objectives and directions for the Campsite and provide for the long term planning.
The Strategic Management Plans will define a ‘vision’ and ‘mission statements’ for the Campsite, consistent with the District Association aim to bring this facility up to the standards to meet the needs of Scouting today and into the future through establishing relationships with multiple stakeholders to support the Campsite.
The CCC will consist of not less than 5 and not more than 7 members appointed by the District Commissioner. The District Commissioner will appoint the Chairperson and the Deputy Chairperson.
Committee Term of Appointment
Members of the CCC will be appointed for an initial period of 2 years. Members are eligible for re-appointment. Members of the CCC may resign in writing to the District Commissioner and the District Commissioner may at any time remove a member from the CCC.
Membership of the CCC does not provide for any remuneration, however reasonable out of pocket expenses for attendance at meetings and activities undertaken on behalf the CCC may be claimed, subject to the approval of the District Commissioner
Please note that probity checks will be undertaken and include a National Police Record Check and applicants will also be requested to undertake a Working with Children check..
The collection and handling of all information will be consistent with the requirements of the Information Privacy Act 2000.