CHALLENGING SCOUTS AUSTRALIA LEADERSHIP POSITION
National Adviser- National Youth Council & National Youth Forums
The term of the current National Adviser - National Youth Council & National Youth Forums concludes in March 2013.
Scouts Australia is now seeking an outstanding leader to:
- Ensure the National Youth Council is a dynamic and relevant part of Scouting that meets the needs of both Scouting and the wider community.
- Support the members of the National Youth Council so that they may develop as individuals and as future leaders.
- Develop outstanding Youth Forums at major Scouting events that allow youth members to ‘have a say’ about their organisation and to ensure key recommendations are implemented by the appropriate teams.
- Be an advocate for youth involvement in decision-making across the organisation.
- Assist in the growth and development of Scouting in Australia.
This is an exciting and challenging position for someone to help support Scouting in Australia develop. The Adviser will have the opportunity to work with the best young adults and youth in our country and to assist in their development. It is a creative and open-ended position that can provide many rewards and opportunities.
Skills & qualifications required:
- To achieve success the applicant will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A commitment to the Aims and Principles of Scouting
- A Leader of Youth or a Leader of Adult Woodbadge
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills within a volunteer organisation
- High level skills in working with young adults and youth to achieve a desired result
- High level organisational and administrative skills
- High level skills in mentoring others
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in isolation
- General knowledge of all sections of Scouting and its policies and procedures
- Ability to achieve tasks within a set time frame
- The National Adviser to the National Youth Council & National Youth Forums will be a member of the National Youth Program support staff
- It will involve attending occasional weekend meetings interstate
- The position will initially be for three years
- At the end of the term the National Commissioner Youth Program and the National Youth Council Executive will review the position
- A large amount of the work will be completed online and through social networking mediums
- The appointment will commence in March 2013
- An induction period will be negotiated
- Due to a number of events the selection process will occur over an extended period of time with interviews taking place in December 2012
Do you fit the requirements?
If yes, then why not apply for the position and help grow Scouting across Australia.
If you’re not interested but know a potential candidate then please suggest that he or she applies for the position.
For Information and details please
- Read the Role Description for the position available on the Scouts Australia website
document.write( '' );
document.write( addy_text10910 );
document.write( '<\/a>' );
for a copy to be emailed to you
- Download information from here
Applications close 5pm Monday November 26th 2012.
Further information is available from:
National Youth Council Chairperson
National Commissioner Youth Program