Scouts Australia and Landcare Australia are proud to announce changes to the Scouts Landcare Badge, making receiving a Badge easier than ever.
Mr. Fergus Lloyd, Scout Australia’s National Environment Advisor said, “We want every scout involved in the important task of making a difference to their environment so we’ve made access to being awarded a Landcare Badge easier than ever.”
The latest changes to the Landcare Badge award have been applauded by many as being easier and more accessible to scouts.
To be eligible for a Landcare Badge, scouts will now only have to do the following:
- Participate in any three nationally accredited environment events either supported or run by Landcare Australia.
- In total, scouts will only need to spend 10 hours on all three activities
- The three activities will need to be completed within a 12 month period.
- Scouts will have to register for their Landcare Badge with their local Scouts branch before starting these activities.
- Finally scouts who are members of a Landcare organisation, only need to prove their membership to be awarded a Landcare badge.
To find out about your local Landcare office or event visit the Junior Landcare website on http://www.juniorlandcare.com.au