Gilwell Park Activity Centre has secured a grant to develop and deliver the Youth Reconnect Program to re-engage and involve young people in our communities through the use of outdoor education and wilderness adventure therapies.
As part of this program Scouting personnel have the opportunity to be employed as facilitators and specialist instructors to assist with the delivery of these and similar programs. As part of this you will undertake a 5 day training program over two weekends, which will value add to participants existing outdoor skills including:
- Facilitate a Group
- Provide Leadership to Groups
- Deal with Conflict
- Facilitate Adventure-based Learning Activities
- Work effectively with Young people
- Undertake the nationally recognised Youth Mental Health First Aid training course (Click here for more info)
The training will be focused around Wildness Adventure Therapy, including involvement from the renowned Adventure Psychologist Simon Crisp.
The training will be delivered at Scout Victoria's Gilwell Park in Gembrook. Scouts Victoria will cover the cost of training for successful applicants.
- Weekend 1: 5:00pm on Friday 8th July to 3:00pm Sunday 10th July
- Weekend 2: 5:00pm on Friday 29th July to 3:00pm Sunday 31st July