Info And Forms - 100 Point Indentity Check

100 Point Indentity Check

At different times through your Scouting life you will have to complete a 100 point check. The purpose is to prove your identity. Generally it is required when:

  • you apply to join as an adult in a position with youth contact, e.g. a leader or adult helper
  • your National Police Check or Working With Children Card (WWCC) is due for renewal

The following guide is for the National Police History Check. The proof of ID required for a WWCC is similar, but has some variation - notably fewer documents being accepted if it is done on-line. For the list of documents, see their FAQ.

When applying for a National Police History Check, you must provide proof of your identity. All documents must be certified true copies. A certified true copy means a document that has been certified as a true copy of an original by a person listed in Schedule 2 of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 (Cth).

Please note that for a new member application we require the original certified documents. For a renewal, we will accept a scan or copy of a certified document (we have already identified you, we are just updating the information). 


You must provide:

  • at least one document from either Category A or Category B, that is, you do not need to provide documents from both categories as long as all other minimum requirements are satisfied
  • at least one of your identity documents must contain a photograph. If you are unable to provide a listed document containing a photograph you must submit a passport style photograph of yourself certified by a person listed in Schedule 2 of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 (Cth)
  • the combination of documents supplied should, as a minimum, equal a total of 100 points and show evidence of your full name and date of birth

 Category A - 70 points each                  

  • Birth Certificate                                                                         
  • Australian Passport  (current, or expired within the previous two years, but not cancelled)
  • International Passport  (current, or expired within the previous two years, but not cancelled)
  • Australian Citizenship Certificate                                          
  • Other document of identity having same characteristics as a passport, e.g. diplomatic/refugee with a photo or signature 

Category B – the first item used from any of those below is 40 points, every other item used is 25 points

  • Current Licence or Permit  (Government Issued)
  • Working With Children                                                              
  • ASIC or MSIC Card                                                                
  • Public Employee Photo ID Card  (Government issued)   
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Card                                                             
  • Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card
  • Current Tertiary Education Institution Photo ID        
  • Reference from a Doctor  (must have known the Applicant for a period of at least 12 months)        
  • Victorian Firearm Photo Licence   
  • Teachers Registration Card  

Category C – 25 points each                                                                                                        

  • Birth Extract
  • Proof of Age Card  (Government Issued) 
  • Medicare Card or Private Health Care Card
  • Council Rates Notice
  • Property Lease or Rental Agreement
  • Property Insurance Papers
  • ATO Assessment
  • Superannuation Statement
  • Seniors Card
  • Electoral Roll Registration
  • Motor Vehicle Registration or Insurance Documents
  • Professional or Trade Association Card

If you wish to use more than one of the following documents (still worth 25 points), they must be from different organisations:

  • Utility Bills  (e.g. telephone, gas, electricity, water)
  • Credit or Debit Card
  • Bank Statement or Passbook



If all documents provided for 100 points of ID are under the same name you will not be required to provide additional ID documentation if you provide a maiden/alias name.

If the 100 Points of ID provided are under two or more different names (e.g. birth certificate in maiden name and driver’s license in married name) then further ID documents will need to be provided as evidence of a name change (e.g. Marriage Certificate issued by a State or Territory Registry of Birth, Deaths and Marriages or Divorce Papers issued by the Family Court). These documents must be originals or certified true copies and DO NOT count towards the 100 Points of ID. If you use a change of name document you must provide the other names you have used.