Advertise With Us
- Australian Scout is among the oldest youth-related magazines in the world.
- Australian Scout has been published continuously for more than 87 years. Its predecessors take Victorian Scout publishing back a further 17 years. Scouting began in 1908 and spread to Australia within months. By September 1909 the official publication of Victorian Scouting was Every Saturday, a weekly supplement in The Age.
- This was succeeded by Pals from August 1920 and Australian Scout – a national Scouting magazine – from November 1922. The current Australian Scout magazine began publication in August 1926 as the Victorian Scout.
- The magazine is published 11 times a year (not January).
- Regular issues are 40 A4 pages, full colour.
- These go to all Victorian adult volunteer Leaders, officebearers and Rover Scouts (aged 18-25) - and hundreds in other States. More than 6600 copies are mailed monthly to those who make purchasing decisions in Scout Groups.
- In February, May and November circulation rises to more than 18,000, as copies are sent to the homes of all Victorian Scouting families.
- These 48-page issues are keenly read by all parents and youth members, as well as the regular audience of Leaders, office bearers and young adult Rovers.
The November 2012 survey of 406 Australian Scout readers found they rated the magazine
very highly. In addition:
- They share each issue with an average of 2 + others.
- They read it for an average of 44 minutes each month.
- And, overwhelmingly, they tend to retain each issue - 40% keep it “indefinitely” and a further 37% keep each copy for “months” or “years”.
Australian Scout magazine is kept as a long term resource by its readers, and is widely shared. Many copies end up in Scout halls, libraries, schools and public waiting areas. In addition to mailed subscriptions, hundreds of over-runs each month are distributed at festivals and community events to promote Scouting.
The Australian Scout Magazine has very reasonable rates to advertise in this long running magazine, click here to download the latest pricing.